It's nearly unthinkable to run a successful business without an SEO-friendly website. And you might think that you’d have to break your bank to get one made!
However, there’s a piece of good news! Building a website has become a pleasant and relatively painless task.
Forget about coding, HTML, CSS, FTP, and all other technical jargon. Many site builders provide free plans for you to create your own website. And all you need is a computer with a browser installed.
Doesn't it sound like a decent deal? So here’s a compilation of the top 10 best free website builders that can get you started in the online space.
Top 10 Best Free Website Builder
Here’s a list of the top 10 best free website builders of 2022:
Let’s take a look at the features of each of these free best website builders.
Elementor promises to assist you in creating something unique by displaying the final result of your layout as you construct your page. Elementor works with any WordPress theme and doesn't require any prior HTML or CSS coding experience.
- You can choose from a variety of widgets, elements, and settings in Elementor, and you can use a pre-designed page or start from scratch.
- The interface's drag and drop function allows you to select what you want from a column of components and then move it to any portion of your web page.
- From fundamental capabilities like alignment to more advanced features like motion effects and responsive rules, the number of tools available to you is very astounding.
- You have the ability to create some incredibly unique pages. Elementor offers 150+ SEO-friendly pre-designed pages, which might be quite useful if you're looking for a fast, sophisticated, and already put-together style.
Elementor is free to use and contains more than 70 themes. However, it also has premium plans that begin at $49 and features additional templates and capabilities.
While GoDaddy is best known for being a place to buy domains at a reasonable rate, it also provides its own website builder for those who wish to buy domains and design their sites at the same time.
- GoDaddy is one of the best free website builders for small businesses and takes them off the ground! Thanks to its user-friendly design templates and SEO Wiz tool.
- The website builder on GoDaddy is quite simple to use.
- Advanced choices are available, yet they never feel overly complicated.
- Adding small details such as pop-ups or announcement bars is very simple, overall making personalization a breeze.
- The GoDaddy website builder is only one of the many GoDaddy products available. Despite the fact that none of GoDaddy's other tools are revolutionary, the major advantage is that they all work together and are included in all website packages.
- The website templates from GoDaddy are basic, clean, and effective. For individuals who want to use WordPress software, they can easily be uploaded to WordPress sites.
Everything is bundled in one bundle with GoDaddy — email marketing, the content creator tool, and appointment scheduling are all included in every plan.
Even though there is a free plan, the paid version of GoDaddy will cost you around $120 for a year!
With choices to develop a site in 9+ languages, Jimdo, based in Germany, is a good alternative for international companies. Jimdo's team is dedicated to assisting you in creating a free website, and the interface is made simple so you can get started right away.
The builder works on smartphones and tablets, and there's even a mobile app to help you create a mobile-friendly site.
- The ADI technology and codes design the site for you.
- Its basic editing interface is ideal for people who are short on time.
- On its commercial plan or higher, it offers unlimited storage capacity.
- With its specialized mobile editor view, it is optimized for all mobile devices.
- Unfortunately, when compared to competitors, Jimdo's SEO options are severely limited. It doesn't enable you to use alt tags, which severely limits the amount of information you can supply to viewers.
What makes Jimdo one of the best free website builders for small business?
Jimdo is ideal for small businesses looking to establish an internet presence. There are a lot of features and third-party apps, which we'll talk about later. These can assist you with a variety of tasks, including advanced analytics and effective email marketing campaigns.
Overall, we'd recommend Jimdo to anyone looking for a quick and simple website to serve as a framework for an online business or something similar.
The free plan is available, and the paid plans start from $9 to $39 / month.
Squarespace enables you to work with pre-designed themes or use its wire-framing features to create a site from scratch. Squarespace promises to require no plugins and to provide its users with support 24 hours a day, seven days a week. It's known for being one of the most stunning website building companies out there.
Its editor has recently been improved, allowing it to be one of the best free website builders.
- Beautiful templates for PCs, tablets, and mobile phones.
- Effective advertising tools, and support for email and social media, are ideal for business.
- You'll only be able to alter it within your template's preset rows, so it's not completely customizable.
- Squarespace has the finest help and support.
- Built-in statistics, eCommerce operations, email campaigns, SEO tools, and internet utilities like G Suite and PayPal are all integrated.
Squarespace is available for free. However, if you are looking for advanced options and customization, the paid plans start from $12.00.
Strikingly is another code-free and easy-to-use website builder that lets you construct a website using templates that are tailored for various screen widths. Strikingly's main goal is to get you online as inexpensively, easily, and fast as possible. As a result, you don't have as much creative flexibility as you would with some of the more basic website builders.
- The templates are all entirely mobile responsive, which makes things a lot easier for you. You can change templates as often as you like, and everything will be instantly reformatted.
- Although the templates have a clean and appealing style, their usefulness was rated negatively in branding, design, and user experience.
- Seamless integration with social media, analytics, marketing, and domain assistance.
You can get a free plan for your website if you’re looking for simple features. However, if you want to move your game to the next level, you can choose from limited, pro, and VIP plans for $8, $16, and $49 per month.
Webflow is unquestionably the best option for web designers and those who can manage a lot of modifications. It's a cross between the traditional and the contemporary.
It's a website builder, but it has the kind of customization and capability that WordPress and other platforms have.
- Without knowing how to code, you can customize your design to a good extent.
- Excellent collection of dynamic content and e-commerce templates
- In comparison to other builders, Webflow makes it apparent which themes are suitable for various businesses and gives a very large selection of free templates.
- You'll need to move your site from Webflow to a CMS after it's finished. There are other features that don't require coding knowledge, such as drag-and-drop widgets.
- Users have a lot of creative power with Webflow, and even the free plan comes with a lot of adjustable options.
Free plans are available, and paid plans start from $12 to $212 per month.
WebNode is a common pick for both personal brands and businesses because it's simple to use and allows you to develop a website in a variety of languages or on a different platform depending on your needs. However, when compared to many of the best free website builders, it limits your creative ability.
Webnode has no actual learning curve; it's simple to navigate and begin updating your template right away. Some design controls are in the settings panel, which can take a moment to identify, but everything else is where you'd expect it to be.
- During the setup process, Webnode offers a variety of clean, simple template styles to pick from.
- Possibility of sharing via social media
- Features of e-commerce
- SEO marketing is fully supported
- There are four pricing options — limited, mini, standard, and profit, based on the amount of storage, bandwidth, and required functionality.
- Integration with Google Analytics
If you wish to design a personal e-commerce site, Webnode offers a free bundle. The least paid plan is $3.95 per month, and it's a basic plan with the added bonus of allowing you to link a custom domain of your own.
Weebly is among the most popular website builders on the market, powering over 50 million websites worldwide. This open-source software as a service (SaaS) provides web hosting, domain registration, site design, and even e-commerce, making it ideal for businesses and entrepreneurs.
- Weebly is the ideal platform for creating a free website, allowing even novices to get online without spending a fortune.
- Weebly came out on top, with its inexpensive premium packages delivering more than its competitors.
- Weebly's help and support center have some really useful SEO tutorials for assistance on programming, keyword optimization, and recommendations on how to improve your site's ranking.
- Weebly is one of the top 10 best free website builders, despite some limits. This is due to its extensive app store, useful SEO advice, and robust blogging capabilities. It also has built-in site security, 24/7 support, and marketing analytics tools.
Weebly shines out as the best free website builder for small businesses because of its ease of use, outstanding SEO features, semi-professional domain name, and plenty of opportunities for development to scale your website.
Weebly offers a free plan as well as four premium plans that cost $6 to $29 a month.
With 110 million users, Wix is one of the most popular free website builders. It's fantastic if you want a builder that's simple to use, has a lot of extra features and gives you a lot of creative freedom.
The completely hosted platform has a simple drag-and-drop editor as well as a vast choice of professional-looking templates suitable for small enterprises, online retailers, restaurants, and personal portfolios.
- The drag-and-drop building capabilities make its editor incredibly user-friendly, even for those with no prior technical knowledge.
- Wix provides a superb array of e-commerce features, making it a top choice for anyone wishing to start an online business.
- Wix received the greatest customer satisfaction rating of any builder we tested, indicating that it was the site that people were most willing to suggest.
- You have a lot of creative freedom and flexibility, which means you can simply alter your design to look exactly the way you want it to.
- Wix makes making a website easier than ever before, with more than 800 templates — the majority of which are free – and a vast range of tools and widgets, such as galleries, buttons, and social media symbols.
Wix has a free plan for its users. But they also offer a $14/ month premium subscription.
WordPress is a popular free website builder that also lets you purchase a domain name. WordPress provides an easy-to-understand backend interface with minimal to no coding required for individuals who are new to website creation.
- Layout, functionality, and operations are all very configurable. There are basically no boundaries with that many WordPress plugins and theme possibilities!
- Installing third-party sponsored tools and software via plugins or code snippets is a breeze for sophisticated customization.
- Because WordPress is self-hosted, you must choose your own hosting provider and locate one that meets your needs.
- You may benefit from the knowledge of a large community of users and developers because WordPress is open-source and free to use.
Although WordPress is free to use, the pricing of your WordPress website is mostly determined by the host, template, extensions, third-party applications, online courses, and developers you choose.
That concludes the discussion. Because all of these website builders are free, you can check out a few if you're not sure which one is right for you.
Make a list of what you want from your site to guarantee that one of these free builders can meet your objectives. If you're serious about your website and want others to take it seriously as well, you'll need to move to a premium account at some time.
If you insist on using a free website builder, make sure you pick the best one out of the bunch. With a tonne of free features, Wix is the best free all-around website builder. Weebly is among the best free website builders for small businesses, whereas GoDaddy is wonderful for SEO and design functionality.