Have you ever wondered how big a problem is plagiarism in today’s world? Plagiarism has spread like a plague affecting scholars, authors, teachers, and students, hence the necessity to check for plagiarism is critical. Plagiarism is the most common problem that instructors and academic lecturers face while dealing with college work.
The same is true for freelance writers, bloggers, and students who are continuously battling plagiarism in their work. There are many free online plagiarism checkers to avoid plagiarism. In this post, we will discuss the best free plagiarism checkers for writers, authors. teachers and students in 2021, which will assist you in detecting duplicated content, check plagiarism, and quickly resolve the issue.
What is Plagiarism?
Plagiarism is defined as the act of duplicating or copy and pasting another’s writing content and ideas without their permission. The word refers to exhibiting someone else’s work without crediting the actual creator. Plagiarism has major ramifications in both the academic and internet worlds.
What Is A Plagiarism Checker? Free Online Plagiarism Checkers
A plagiarism checker is a piece of online software that compares a piece of text to thousands of online sources, books, academic publications, and scholarly papers to seek words that have been reused or copied without permission. While most plagiarism checkers demand a fee, there are a lot of free online plagiarism checkers to check one’s writing. Free online plagiarism checkers can also provide suggestions that the content may be stolen.
What Are The Types Of Plagiarism
There are 5 different types of plagiarism. They are as follows-
- Direct plagiarism– Copying someone else’s work verbatim (word for word) and failing to provide credit.
- Self-plagiarism- Copied content that is based on your past work (also called unintentional plagiarism).
- Mosaic or Patchwork plagiarism- Quoting somebody’s content without using a quotation mark or modifying the wording (of the original work) while maintaining the same writing style.
- Accidental plagiarism- Forgetting to cite the source work, misquotation, and so forth are all examples of unintentional or accidental plagiarism.
- Outsourcing- Paying essay mills, friends, a freelance writer, and bloggers to write on your behalf is outsource plagiarism.
Benefits of Using Plagiarism Checkers; Free Online Plagiarism Checker
Using a plagiarism checker helps to detect plagiarism. The following are the most prevalent reasons for using a plagiarism checker:
- To check any duplicate content and to ensure that the content is unique.
- Check your content to ensure that it is not a copied content.
- Scanning paraphrased web content and making sure that it does not qualify as plagiarized content.
- To check if the plagiarized content has been cited with proper references.
5 Best Free Plagiarism Checkers; Free Online Plagiarism Checker
1. Grammarly: Free Online Plagiarism Checkers
Grammarly is the best free online plagiarism checker tool for teachers and students. Grammarly is an automatic proofreader and plagiarism checker that is used by colleges such as Berkeley, Stanford University, and the University of Michigan.
To check for copied content you can paste your text into Grammarly’s plagiarism checker tool and see the results. Grammarly works with ProQuest’s academic databases as a backbone for its plagiarism detection tools. Every document/writing you run via Grammarly’s plagiarism checker tool is promptly analyzed for any evidence of resemblance or duplicate content.
Features Of Grammarly; Free Online Plagiarism Checker tools
- Grammarly detects even the tiniest possibility of copied content and generates a percentage report.
- Grammarly has a grammar and punctuation checker that works excellent.
- Grammarly is a free plagiarism checker online which also shows the percentage of copied content.
- Grammarly is more efficient when compared to other plagiarism checker tools because it can scan content depending on the writing style and domain.
2. ProWritingAid: Best Free Plagiarism Checkers
The online plagiarism checker tool offered by ProWritingAid is among the best available. It aids in the detection of plagiarism in content, novels, and other literary works. It also checks for proper grammar and punctuation errors.
ProWritingAid serves as a writing coach in addition to being a reliable plagiarism detection tool.ProWritingAid integrates with MS Word, making it extremely convenient to use. It also has Google Docs and Scrivener integration for fast access.
Features Of ProWritingAid; Free Online Plagiarism Checker
- By using the add-in, you may check for plagiarism right in MS Word.
- It is the best plagiarism checker software for Google Docs and works well with Scrivener.
- It identifies even 1% plagiarism in your text with ease.
- It is compatible with all internet browsers.
- Full-length manuals, manuscripts, and even novels are screened.
3. Whitesmoke Plagiarism Checker: Free Online Plagiarism Checkers
Whitesmoke is one of the best plagiarism checker software that is very accurate and reliable. Whitesmoke’s anti-plagiarism software is widely used in addition to being a grammar checker and proofreader. It compares content samples against billions of websites to detect whether anything has been plagiarised, re-used, or duplicated.
The Whitesmoke online plagiarism checker isn’t as well-known or as effective as Grammarly, but it’s a fine replacement. Whitesmoke is quick and easy to use, and the MS Word and Outlook connections make it one of the best plagiarism checkers.
Features Of Whitesmoke Plagiarism Checker; Best Free Plagiarism Checkers
- The similarity in your writing is detected by scanning and matching your content with hundreds of online pages.
- It is a Windows-based plagiarism checker software and is also available online, making it simple to use plagiarism software.
- It is one of the best free plagiarism checker tools for research papers.
- It has a built-in translation tool and works on all web browsers.
- This free plagiarism checker software comes with word and outlook integrations.
4. Dupli checker: Free Online Plagiarism Checkers
Dupli checker is one of the best free plagiarism checkers for any writer and teacher. You don’t have to pay anything to use Dupli checker because it’s fully free software. To use the Dupli checker, just copy and paste your text into the box and click on the screen to check for plagiarized content.
The user interface is a little outdated, but the software functions very effectively. Dupli checker comes with free tools such as plagiarism checker tools, a word count tool, and also a grammar check tool. These tools are free to use and the only limitation is you can only check 1000 words at a time.
Features Of Dupli checker; Best Free Plagiarism Checkers
- With the Dupli checker software, users can upload up to 50 duplicate content copies, making it an ideal tool for teachers to scan content in bulk.
- The Dupli checker tool is very simple and easy to use, there is no learning curve needed.
- It is an excellent plagiarism tool for students, teachers, and writers.
- The word search limit to check plagiarism is 1000 words per content.
5. Quetext: Free Online Plagiarism Checkers
Quetext’s free version is simple and easy to use. It requires you to paste your text onto their website and have it checked for duplicate content across a database of websites and other sources. Although not the very best free plagiarism checker, Quetext is a very good alternative to other top plagiarized content checkers.
With QueText’s DeepSearch tool, users can have their content checked for contextual plagiarism as well as copied words. When you use contextual plagiarism, your phrases in the essay are analyzed in the context of the lines around them. Quetext is the best plagiarism checker if you have basic needs and the word search limit is limited to 500 words per content.
Features Of Quetext; Best Free Plagiarism Checkers
- Quetext is the best free plagiarism checker for teachers, students, freelance writers, and any content creator.
- Quetext’s search and match technique are faster, as it applies contextual analysis to identify duplicate sentences/phrases that other tools might overlook.
- Quetext has a built-in citation mechanism that will assist you in properly citing sources.
- Quetext free plagiarism checker provides a free online report which allows users to export the reports as PDF.
Depending on your needs, the best free online plagiarism checker tools listed above should provide you with all you need to ensure your content is error-free and free of plagiarism. The majority of these free tools will assist you in correcting any errors and improving your writing structure so that you always sound your best, regardless of what you’re writing.