The best video editing software will help you to showcase your products from all angles by helping you create professional promos to be shared on various social media platforms like Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, TikTok, and more. According to video marketing company Wyzowl, about 78% of video marketers have said that video promotions help in the increase of sales directly. We have compiled a list of the best free video editing software of 2022 that also has paid version for your to try out. Individual entrepreneurs have individual needs so we have broken down its features for easy reading.
1. Lightworks ($24.99/month for Pro version)
Lightworks is the best free simple video editing software that has an intuitive interface which makes learning its controls very easy. To add to that, they provide video tutorials on how to go about editing in the app, making it super accessible and convenient Linux video editing software options on this list. Lightworks is stocked with original music clips and videos that are licensed, to be used in any of the videos you want to edit lending a polished look to your marketing videos. Check out its features.
Features Of Lightworks
- Supports a wide range of video formats.
- Videos can be easily shared by easily exporting files to Instagram, Facebook, Vimeo, and YouTube.
- You can have your projects in real-time with control over wherever has been successful to the shared project.
- You can also do multicam editing to sync clips from multiple cameras.
- Lightworks allows you to edit even when importing new content ensuring optimized speed.
- It also offers high-quality trimming functions for precise and fast video editing.
2. Adobe Premiere Rush (Free)
Adobe Premiere Rush is the perfect best free video editing software for anyone who wants to create mini vlogs on their smartphones without spending a dime. Your videos can be edited with,
- Various special effects
- Sound effects
- Video speeds
The preset option will quickly share your videos to Instagram, Facebook, or YouTube and save them offline. The one drawback of Lightworks is that it might turn out to be simple for advanced video editors so it is best for amateurs who are just into video editing. It does not have advanced features but has options like,
- Overlay images and text
- Fine-tune colors
- Light effects
So there is enough to make it worth the free download. Here are its features.
Features Of Adobe Premiere Rush
- 100GB of cloud storage which can be updated up to 10 TB.
- Has built-in templates to add and edit polished titles.
- A preset option is available to create videos easily by optimizations for specific platforms such as YouTube and Facebook. You can also post to these platforms directly.
- There is also an easy click-and-drag option to add transitions.
3. HitFilm Express (Free, $349 for Pro version)
HitFilm Express may seem a little advanced for amateurs as it is often used for producing Hollywood-style videos. But HitFilm is worth the learning curve with its varied features that let you make a masterpiece of a video. It does however ask you to share social media update status when you upload its software but it is a small price to pay given all the handy, advanced features you are about to use.
HitFilm offers animation tools that can be used to create and edit video and audio transitions that save you from creating any composite shots. It also includes,
- 3D effects for films
- YouTube videos
- Music videos
- 4K video
- 360-degree editing
- Special effects library
Features of HitFilm Express
- HitFilm Express offers various transition options such as dissolve, zoom, and push.
- There is an audio mixer for fine-tuning sound to get a professional-quality output.
- It has the option to copy a group of attributes from one clip and apply the same directly onto another clip or onto a whole new project itself.
- It also comes with an adaptive trimmer that allows you to re-trim the clips after adding them to the timeline.
- The auto-stabilizer allows you to smoothen shaky footage.
- You can animate two separate shots to get a surreal video effect using the shot enhancement options.
- You also get motion tracking, cropping tools, and color pickers.
4. DaVinci Resolve (Free and $269 for full studio version)
DaVinci Resolve is a package of professional 8K editing, audio post-production, visual effects, and color corrections making it the perfect choice for professional film editors. It allows you to edit both online and offline and with its high-performance playback engine you have saved ample time to edit and trim even for file formats like RAW and H.264 that are processor intensive. Its features might seem a bit expensive to some users but its free version is suitable for a lot of advanced projects.
Features of DaVinci Resolve
- It comes with high-quality motion estimation changes in speed and other frame rate conversions that will easily slow down or speed up clips but keep up the realistic touch.
- DaVinci Resolve has facial recognition to detect faces in the clips and create a bin automatically on them for each shot.
- There are built-in tools for audio, text, dynamic zoom, stabilization, retiming, and picture-in-picture effects.
- You also have the option of intelligent auto-editing that helps you sync video and audio clips.
- Using the trim interface you can edit clips with minute detailing.
- There is also a dual timeline for trimming, cutting, and quick navigation.
5. VSDC Free Video Editor (Free, $19.99 for Pro version)
VSDC is one of the best free video editing software that offers no watermarks in its paid as well as free versions. The free version, however, has fewer features but comes with VSDC's free video editing suite that includes chroma key functionality and a mask tool for green screen video effects.
In the paid version, the set of tools expand to,
- Video stabilization
- Direct social media publishing
- 3D diagram templates
- Presentation/slideshow capabilities
- Robust post-production effects
Features of VSDC Free Video Editor
- H.256/HEVC provides advanced video compression standards to maintain the highest quality at a minimum file size that is essential for processing HD and 4K files.
- A link for sharing videos on social media like Vimeo, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and Facebook.
- It also provides easy-to-use image filters similar to ones on Instagram.
- You'll also have a full set of transitional effects at your disposal.
- The color correction tools offer a professional look.
- VSDC has no watermarks.
6. Openshot (Free)
Openshot is the best free video editing software for intermediate video editors and offers a user-friendly interface. It is software that is simple, intuitive, minimally designed and is best for small businesses. It offers,
- Real-time preview
- Audio editing
- Time mapping
- Frame stepping
- Credit scrolling
Features of Openshot
- It has powerful key-frame animation capabilities to create animated videos.
- It also offers digital video effects that include chroma, greyscale, hue, gamma, and brightness key compositing for green screen effects.
- The drag-and-drop function makes adding image, audio, and video files super easy.
- It also provides customizable title+card templates.
- Openshot also comes with unlimited layers for watermarks, audio tracks, and background videos.
7. Blender (Free)
Blender is one of the best free video editing software that is an open-source 3D creation tool with features to assist in modeling and rendering 3D animations. This software is a collaboration of creations of hundreds of developers from across the world giving Blender an extensive group of tools.
It can tackle complex edits like video masking making this software a flexible video editing tool for both experienced and novice users.
Features of Blender
- Blender has an extensive library of vignettes and visual effects.
- It offers advanced character animation tools to assist in realistic kinematics.
- It also comes with an option to code game logic for video game developers.
- It provides advanced rendering processes to speed up the exporting as well as saving of your project.
- It also has a path tracer engine for realistic animation.
8. Shotcut (Free)
Shotcut is the cross-platform, open-source video editor that comes with a large collection of video tutorials and supports a wide range of formats that include,
This software was created to run on Linux which is why its interface might seem a little quirky but it's still the best free video editing software. It also has an extensive audio editing option that makes it ideal for audiophiles. Its fine-tuning tools allows you to,
- Make treble and bass adjustments
- Add dynamic compression
- Adjust gain
- Create bandpass filters and much more
Features of Shotcut
- It supports AV1 encoding and decoding.
- It comes with advanced audio filters like compressor, bandpass filters, treble and bass, balance, etc.
- The multi-format timeline enables matching and mixing resolutions and frame rates.
- It also offers native timeline editing that allows you to improve video files directly into the project file rather than the media library.
- Shotcut also supports the latest video and audio formats via FFmpeg which is the leading multimedia framework for video editing.
9. Windows Video Editor (Free)
Windows video editor is the best free video editing software that is a part of Microsoft and is the go-to tool for people wanting to go back to the basics. It is more of a photo editor but offers all the basic video editing tools such as,
- Trimming (audio or text)
Features of Windows Video Editor
- Windows video editor is easy to use for beginners working in Windows.
- It has a 3D effects section that requires minimal customizations.
- There is an animation tab so that you can easily add credits, titles, and music.
- The auto-move options are used to create customizable cuts of video clips.
- You can auto-preview to check your effects and edits.
10. Vimeo Create (Free, $7.99/month for Business plan)
Vimeo Create is one of the best free video editing software that you can directly connect to your Shopify cart. It also turns your existing product text and images automatically into eCommerce videos. Now that's a huge bargain requiring no prior video editing experience. All you need to do will be to answer a few questions about your products and then add your logo and footage. Then move on to choosing your style customizations. Vimeo Create will automatically edit your video in a few minutes. You can also start from scratch by using your styles where the AI software will assist you by suggesting fonts, colors, music, and themes. Vimeo Create is especially useful when it comes to video editing on a large scale such as for a channel or YouTube video streamlining. This software is a one-time solution to,
- Manage videos
- Host videos
- Distribute videos
- Streamline videos
Features of Vimeo Create
- Vimeo Create comes with a library of commercially licensed music.
- It has an unlimited number of high-quality stock images that come with iStock integration.
- It gives you the ability to share the video across multiple marketing channels.
- It also has professional auto-editing capabilities.
- The software has the ability to auto crop, facial recognition and has an array of effects and filters.
- You are also given more than 1000 template options to choose from.
11. WeVideo (Free, $4.99/month for paid version)
WeVideo is the best free video editing software that is cloud-based and works best for everyday consumers, students, educators, business owners. You can easily access it from anywhere be it your school, home, work, or other places as all files are stored in a secure cloud storage where you can share, edit, and view videos within a few minutes. WeVideo offers cool features like a green screen to create professional-grade looks without the hassle or exorbitant cost. It comes with over one million pieces of stock media that include audio, video, and image files at free royalty if you buy a business plan. In the free version, you can create videos on mobile, web, and social media too with unlimited storage and no software to be downloaded.
Features of WeVideo
- WeVideo provides editing tools like green screen, screen recording, animated text, and more.
- It comes with unlimited cloud storage which gives you space to create endless videos.
- The shared project libraries will be able to manage and collaborate with teams.
- They give you branded templates that are with your logo so your look is always unified.
- You can also export videos in 4K resolution.
- There is a stick media library that has over one million music assets, videos, and images.
12. iMovie (Free)
iMovie comes with Mac OS that is uncomplicated to use with a simple drag-and-drop interface. It is a powerful tool whose files are saved on Apple's cloud which means you can work on your project on your Mac, iPad, or iPhone interchangeably. iMovie is constantly updated so that you are offered new improvements and features from time to time.
Features of iMovie
- It has speed controls that help in making high-octane action scenes.
- It comes with a built-in voiceover recording, sound effects, and music so that your picture and sound editing are always consolidated.
- Its video filters are stylish and contemporary and are built for specific film genres such as sci-fi or Western.
- It provides dozens of studio-quality animations that give professional-looking credits.
- The cloud storage functionality allows the users to work on the same project from your Mac, iPhone, and iPad.
- It supports 4K resolutions that allow you to create cinema-quality videos.
13. KineMaster (Free, $3.99/month for paid version)
Kine master is the best free simple video editing software for mobile devices and video editors on the go. You can easily shoot footage, edit them, and upload them from your tablet or phone. Usual mobile video editors sacrifice advanced tools but KineMaster does not do so. With this software, you can
- Combine videos
With more than 2,500 effects and transitions that can be downloaded, KineMaster also offers adjustments and color filters to correct as well as enhance videos to make them stand out. As soon as you finish you have the option to quickly share on Stories, TikTok, Reels, YouTube, and more.
Features of KineMaster
- With KineMaster you can edit and export videos at 4K resolution at 60fps.
- There is a reverse tool that you can use to make focal shifts and in-camera transitions among other edits.
- There are 8 blending options available to make your video more artistic.
- With sharing and backup abilities, your videos are secure and safe.
- There is an asset store from where you can download fonts, stickers, music, effects, and more.
The Bottom Line
Now that you have read all your options of the best free video editing software of 2022, you are ready to go about testing them and editing your videos. Each of the above-mentioned options is unique in its own ways with its advantages and disadvantages. But hopefully, our curated list has helped you to decide your favorite video editing software that will be perfect for your business.