Facebook polls unravel a ton of communication gaps between you and your audience. You get to know your next content, your audience’s true sentiments about you or your brand, and other such thoughts that could potentially grow your brand or business. Knowing how to start a poll on Facebook can bring some amazing insights such as
- A strong sense of community around your brand name and business
- Help you beat Facebook’s newsfeed algorithm with no ads
- Boost your page’s engagement with the audience
We can no longer post a poll on Facebook's timeline or newsfeed. So we have brought to you all the steps on how to start a poll on Facebook stories, groups, and events, how they can be of effective use to you, and more!
How to Start a Poll on Facebook Pages
A Facebook page is a close-knit community that has thousands of people which means thousands of opinions. So how would you access all these views on what your page stands for? Post a poll. This is extremely beneficial if it's a business page. Algorithms push group posts to the newsfeed which means you have higher organic reach with zero ads. Here’s how to start a poll on Facebook pages:
1. Go to The Pages Tab
- Log into your Facebook account
- Find the Pages option on the left-hand side of your screen.
- Select the Page on which you want to post a poll.
2. Go to Publishing Tools Tab
- Click on the menu on the left side of your screen.
- Select the Publishing Tools Tab.
3. Click on Create Post
- From the Publishing Tools tab find the blue Create Post button at the top right of the screen.
- Click on the Create Post option.
4. Click on Ellipsis
- Once you click on the Create Post option, a pop-up window will appear right at the centre of the screen.
- From the pop-up window, click on the ellipsis (3 dots).
- Now find the green poll option icon.
5. Type The Question
- Type your poll question in the “Ask something…” box.
- Create different answers for your viewers to choose from by clicking and typing on “Option 1” and “Option 2”. You can type 25 characters for each answer option.
6. Time Length of The Poll
- Under the Poll option, you will find a drop-down menu to select the length of time you want your poll to be open.
- The default length of time of a Facebook poll is one week and if it's okay for you then leave it at that.
- If you want to set a longer time for your poll to end, you can choose other options such as Custom, Never, 1 week, and 1 day.
7. Tap on Share Now
- Once you have added every detail of your poll, it's time to share it by clicking on the “Share Now” button. It can be found at the bottom of the pop-up window on your screen.
How to Start a Poll on Facebook in a Group
Facebook groups are similar to Facebook pages but it's even more of a tighter community. If you have a brand and you know how to create a poll on a Facebook group, you know half the success tricks of online business marketing. They help in strengthening the community around your brand and increasing customer engagement. So here’s how to do a poll on Facebook groups:
- Open your Facebook profile and tap on the three horizontal lines at the top right corner of the screen.
- Select Groups (if you are unable to see this option, tap on See More).
- Go to Your Groups.
- Select the group you want to post a poll in.
- Tap on Write Something in the group.
- Scroll down and select the Poll option.
- Type in the question of your poll.
- Add an option for the members of the group to select as an answer to the poll.
- Click on Post to share it.
Here are some things you must remember while posting a poll on a Facebook group:
- The group admins or poll creators (that is you) can delete or add poll options at any given time.
- The text of the poll cannot be edited once group members start voting on it.
- Before they vote, you can edit the poll by clicking on the Edit post option.
- Only admins and group members can vote in the polls.
- If you do not see the poll option in a Facebook group, it means the admins do not allow that feature in the group
- If you are an admin, here’s how you can allow the poll option in your group:
- Go to your group.
- Select Group settings.
- Click on the edit pen below Manage Discussion.
- Click on the poll option to turn that feature on.
- Select `` save and now you or your group members can post a poll in the group.
How to Start a Poll on Facebook in a Story (for Both Videos and Photos)
Roughly 250 million people are viewing and using stories in the Metaverse. How is that important to you? That's the pool of audience you are missing out on if you are a content creator or a business manager. That is the number of views, opinions, and reviews you are missing out on. So get on that app now and create a story for a poll. Confused about how to do that? Read on to know:
- Open The Facebook App.
- Click on the + sign on the stories option.
- Select the video or photo you want to use for your poll.
- Click on the stickers option.
- Select the poll icon.
- Add in your question and then tap yes or No to answer it.
- Click on Done at the top right corner of the screen.
If you want to change the audience of your story, tap on Privacy at the bottom left of your screen. Now tap share to post your poll.
How to Start a Poll on Facebook in an Event Page
Hosting an event soon? If you have any queries from the audience to understand the impact of your event or even guess how it turned out, learning how to do a poll on the Facebook event’s page is your way. So, here’s what you can do:
- Go to your Facebook profile.
- Click on the three horizontal lines at the top right corner of your screen.
- Select events.
- Select the Discussion tab.
- Tap on Add a Post and you will see the poll option on the right side of the screen.
- When you tap on the poll option you will be back to create a post where you can add your question and options.
- Click on the Post button and you have shared your poll on the event’s page.
The +Add Options can be used to add more answers to your question other than two. You can use the Poll Options to allow people to add more options or even disable people from choosing more than one answer.
The Bottom Line: Facebook Poll and Its Importance
A Facebook poll must help you grow your business or your viewership if you are a digital influencer. Spice things up when you post a poll on Facebook so that any mindless scroller will pause and think of your question to answer it. Add relevant GIFs and images and make it engaging.
Also, ask the right question on your polls so that a discussion can ensue. If you have hosted an event, you can use Facebook polls to garner the feedback of your audience. Another important feature of a Facebook poll is that the demographic lets you know what your audience likes. It's all a win-win situation with Facebook polls.
Let's do great things together!
We just need a couple of hours.
No more than 24 hours after receiving your ticket!